Conceived while sailing on another trimaran the Three Little Birds has
all of the features we wanted but could not have on our “production
tri”. Our brief was simple—we wanted a very livable interior, a diesel
auxiliary to support cruising systems, high stability, lots of reserve
power, lots of buoyancy in the amas, hi-quality lightweight
construction, and of course speed!
Naval Architect David Walworth took our notes
and created an amazing platform. Throughout the spacious interior there
is 6’3” headroom including a full standup head with a shower, and an
ample galley with a large reefer and a deep freeze. The interior also
boasts a very comfortable stand-up nav station, 4 full sized
non-convertible bunks, and an L shaped settee perfect for lounging with a
Walworth met our speed and stability
requirements by designing 200% wave piercing amas, and artfully curved
akas. In consulting with ACC on construction methods, female molding was
chosen as the only way to create these structures and maintain their
fantastic shapes and necessary strengths. The vaka is quite large to
accommodate the interior we wanted so the grand prix experience
possessed by Aquidneck Custom came into play when it was decided to
build the part from uni-directional fabrics and Nomex honey comb core.
On deck she is all business armed with Harken
and Spin Lock deck gear, a rotating pre-preg Carbon rig by Hall, and
Fusion sails by Quantum. The female molded Carbon dagger and rudder
were built in house by AC. Three Little Birds is guided along by the NKE
40-90 cruising pack including a type 40 ram and gyro pilot interfaced
with the Garmin GPS.
Finally, not to be out done by the comfort below
or fire power on deck lift up her skirt and you will find 320 amp hours
of 12v Dc power supplied by a Mastervolt Li-ion battery. Charging and
auxiliary propulsion are achieved with a 21HP Nanni diesel, Balmar 100
amp alternator, and ZF sail drive.
Three Little Birds is as the owner loves to say
"EFFEN FANTASTIC" and we could not be happier with her flights so far!
Three Little Birds is Aquidneck Custom's first offering of the PT-11™ - a
hi-performance 11 meter trimaran designed and built as a sport cruiser.
- Displacement — 2730kg - 6000#
- LOA — 12.7M - 41'8"
- LOD — 11M - 36'1"
- LWL — 10.7M - 35'1"
- B-Max — 8.6M - 28'2"
- SA upwind main and jib — 78.25M^ - 842ft^
- SA main and Screecher — 103M^ - 1107ft^
- SA downwind with A-sail — 108.5M^ - 1868ft^
- Draft board up — 1.2M^- 4ft^
- Draft board down — 2.28M^ - 7'6"
- Air Draft — 16.8M^ - 55ft^
- Diesel capacity — 17 gallons (110 mile range @ 8.5 knots)
- Fresh water capacity — 55 gallons
- Septic capacity — 26 gallons
SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT
- Sails by Quantum, Bristol, RI
- Full batten square top main
- Screecher and Jib on Harken furler, A-sail rigged with ATN snuffer
- Clear coated Carbon wing section rig by Hall Spars - standard
- Clear coated Rotating wing section Carbon rig by Hall Spars - optional
- Clear coated Carbon Park avenue boom and fast cover mainsail pack - optional
- Black anodized aluminum boom and sail cover - standard
- Deck gear by Harken and Spinlock
- Electronics – optional (owner preference)
- 21 HP Nanni diesel w/ twin disc sail drive
- Slip stream 2 blade folding propeller
- Pressurized fresh water
- 6 gallon hot water heater plumbed to heat exchanger on diesel
- Enclosed head with a La Vac toilet plumbed direct to 26 gallon gravity drain holding tank
- Enclosed shower
- Transom shower - optional
- 12v Engell cooler - standard
- 3.5 CU FT Reefer powered by Sea Frost BD air cooled 12v compressor w/ electronic controls and evaporator plates - optional
- 2 CU FT deep freeze powered by Sea Frost BD air cooled 12v compressor w/ electronic controls and evaporator plates - optional
- 1 x Mastervolt 12v/320AH lithium ion battery - optional
- 2 x Mastervolt thin line AGM 12v/130AH 12 AGM battery - optional
- 1 x Mastervolt thin line AGM 12v/130AH 12 AGM battery - standard
- 1 x 12v start battery
- LED nav lights
- LED & Halogen interior lighting
- 2 burner Propane stove top coupled to a composite tank and 12v electric solenoid
- Spectra 6gph water maker - optional
- Electric shower sump and bilge pump
- Semi-gloss linear polyurethane painted interior
- Laminated Cherry trim finished in rubbed effect polyurethane
- Sunbrella covered interior cushions x 8
- Lots of storage
- 4 deck hatches
- 6 opening ports
- Large sliding companionway hatch with a Teak ladder
- Composite ladder - optional